Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

21st June....


Global Awareness Day, 21st June.
I know for sure that a lot of events will be taking place in various parts of the world and that is really great. I have checked with my MND fieldworker and as far as she knows New Zealand is not doing anything to raise the plight of those who live here and who suffer from ALS/MND . We are sadly lacking in this department and I feel for all people who have to sit back and watch what other countries are doing.
There is so much talent in this wonderful country of ours and when I think of just what we could be achieving to raise funds for local MND Associations and/or individuals makes my heart bleed.

If every major City in New Zealand were to devote a whole day to MND we could bring in many thousands of dollars, but, dreams are free and so I will watch with great interest to see what the rest of the world does.

( I will withdraw this entry if I am proven wrong about what happens here )

Photo taken one week ago at home.....

QuoteI think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.
Isak Dinesen ( Karen Blixen ) 1885-1962


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home