Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Life is what you make it out to be...Part 2

So, you have Motor Neurone Disease. There are many paths in our life that lead us in different directions, of that we can be certain. This path that we are on will lead to an ultimate end. That also is certain. But who sets out these paths down the road of life. Is it "Mother Nature" or is it in our genes.
I for one have been lead onto a path of self destruction, the same as everyone else who has this terrible disease but I am not going to go without fighting. What paths do our loved ones, partners, spouses , children follow once we have passed on.
There are several that I can think of...The path of indecision - What do I/we do now that he/she has gone. Then there is the path of...Lets get on with life - with your partner/spouse starting all over again with your blessing. The path of...Happiness - Your loved one is no longer living in a world that has denied him or her that quality of life that we would all like and deserve to have. No longer in pain or unable to even do the basic movements in life like holding a fork.
Indecision...Lets get on with life...Happiness. These are but a few of the many hundreds of paths that you can follow if in the end YOU know that whatever path you take you will be at ease with the world and those around you.
Since being diagnosed with MND I have made a lot of friends, people in the same boat as myself all over the world and this is another path that you can take while you are still able to do so. The path of...Friendship - This path goes a long way to helping those who don't know where to turn to next. If you live in an area where social contact is not an option, there is little or no support and your neighbours don't want to know you for whatever reason then this path...Friendship - is the path to get on. There are so many people out there who are willing to be your friend and it doesn't matter that you live on the other side of the world or just down the street.
So, put your best foot fore ward (I wish I had a best foot) and show the world that there is a path and that the death of a loved one need not be in vain. BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE. We will D' feet MND. Maybe not in my life time but we will acquire the means to do it.

1 Comments:

  • My dear, dear friend,
    You are so good at putting your feelings into words. Wish I had your wonderful talent. I am so proud to be your friend. I just wish that you did not have to share this disease with me and that I could take it away from you. I will be your friend forevedr and ever.

    By Blogger The Happy Hutter, At 7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home