Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

You need Family...


Top Photos..(taken with our Grandchildren) left - right.. Isaiah . Shianne and Danielle with Jan. And with me..taken at the dinner

When someone is in the position that we find ourselves in with a terminal illness family become very important. What would we do without them. You give so much of yourself to the one's you love and to have the same in return when you need it is much appreciated. In March of this year I had a birthday, my 64th, and Jan, John and Tania jacked up a surprise for me months ahead of the actual date. John and family came down to Silverstream from New Plymouth and arrived on the night of my birthday. WOW...I was delighted to say the least. I was, truth been known probably feeling a wee bit down so what a wonderful pick-me-up.

They were here for 3/4 wonderful days and on the night after they arrived we went out to a very nice dinner at a "Carvery" just a few minutes away by car. A great night enjoyed by all.

Today is Thursday 17Th August and over the last two - three weeks I have noticed an increased amount of cramping in the fingers of my right hand. The left hand is not so bad, at this point in time. And with the cramping I am starting to find it difficult to not only hold the computer mouse but also to type. Same with eating, put too much pressure on the knife and I have to let go and straighten the fingers....

1 Comments:

  • Hi Robert,
    So glad to read your web site and hope to read many more. M-A told me you have sold your house and bet you are pleased about that.
    Look forward to reading more from both you and Jan.

    Regards
    Thelma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home