Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Friday, February 02, 2007

ALS/MND comments in my Guestbook...

Over the last few months I have had numerous people signing my Guestbook and saying, ' what a remarkable attitude to life that I have'. I would like to say in return that I have read many blogs and web sites written by people, like myself, with ALS/MND and that I have come away feeling very humble and proud to know you.
You have blogs written by sufferers and care-givers and in most cases beautifully done but regardless of who have written them they are the representation of ones life, their battle over conflict, pain and ever-lasting disability and their fight to be heard by ones Nation/Country.
We, you and I, have enough to do just staying alive with out becoming embroiled in lengthy discussions on what should or should not be done for us. Most countries in the world have some sort of scheme going whereby money is raised for ALS/MND Associations and or individuals.
New Zealand in my opinion ( and it is only my opinion) is sadly lacking in this department and if it were possible I would get National Sports teams interested and have charity concerts, runs and walks for MND and generally get the New Zealand populace involved in raising awareness of what is happening to us.
We, all those who suffer from ALS/MND belong to an elete association and there are more joining every day. So, in my opinion having a blog/web site can only be good for us. It gives us, as individuals, a lifeline ( excuse the pun ) and a means of keeping in touch with fellow sufferers You can share your emotions, show compassion and discuss at length what we would do if in power towards helping all those with ALS/MND, or any disability and to generally make life just a little bit easier for us.
Thank you again to all those who have signed my Guestbook and keep checking in for new updates.............

Footnote...In Wellington, New Zealand we have an organisation called 'Skylight'. Skylight supports children and young people who have been affected by change, loss and grief. Please have a look at their website www.skylight.org.nz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home