Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

How Do I Feel....

What makes us tick...
Our bodies are a strange mixture of complex organism's, nerves and muscles all doing what they are supposed to do. All governed by our brain. From birth we learn to talk and think, formulate ideas and put them into action. We contemplate what could be and learn to accept the reality of everyday life.
But when the human body begins to break down, what then. How do you express in words the feelings and thoughts that flow through your body twenty four hours a day. You have ALS/MND and plenty of time to ponder just what is going to happen. You eat, sleep and breath on your bodies assumption that things will come right. But that's not to be.
People react in many different ways to the knowledge that they have an incurable disease but its in the way that you do it which makes all the difference. There are some , regardless of age or sex who do not and will not accept that they have this condition. They may be young, married and have small children. What can you (I) do to help them. You can not. But, you can be there for them in the advent that help at last is needed.
You will find that most people with MND have put their priorities and their life's in order. They draw around them a strong support group of people, family and professionals, and even have events like "Walk to 'D' Feet" ALS/MND. These events are very popular in America ,England and Australia. I would like to see such an event happening here in New Zealand.
I have reacted to the knowledge that MND is here to stay, for me, and is a condition of my life now. There are many changes that I and my family have had to face but despite the fact that my life and everything connected to it has changed, I AM STILL ME.

I am still the same inside this shell of flesh, blood and bone. The physical aspect of my life has changed but I can still feel pain, express delight and happiness, taste and see, go out with friends and family and generally enjoy life. In the scheme of things I am the same as everybody else but have been put onto a different path.
We have the presumption that the world will keep on turning regardless of how we feel. That Nature will realize her mistake and put us back on the straight and narrow path that we walk ( if we only could) along but in this instance she has made a blunder.
Within my self I can still do the 101 things I used to do but the reality of it all kicks in and you ( I ) learn to change the order of everyday life , not once but every single day.
We contemplate life and all of its frailties, our illnesses, our love and hatred of our bodies and realize that we are but just one person in a sea of many. But one person, one voice can raise, given the right conditions, a consciousness, an awareness of Motor Neurone Disease in the mind's of the human race and just maybe ,we, you and I can come out on top .
WE CAN BUT DREAM....

1 Comments:

  • Hi viewers, my son is 28 years old was diagnosed with HPV strains 16 and 21 (after DNA analysis - HPV). It has no visible lesions of the cervix but Pap test detected changes in the cells (ASCUS and AGUS). The doctor prescribed a very good treatment with Cervugid Ovules. We repeated Pap in February, after treatment she was not cured. The last treatment she took was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr okaben herbal centre, a week after applying the treatment all the warts were gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr okaben has finally cured me. he is also specialized in the cure of the following: Cancer, HIV,ALS, MND, Low sperm count, Barrenness, Hvp, Herpes, Genital Wart, Rare disease, Hepatitis, Syphilis, Diabetes ETC His email address; dr.oluwarindetradomedicalhouse@gmail.com, call umber: +(2349029519146). I hope other patients to get better after this treatment. God bless

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home