Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Friday, November 17, 2006

A year further on.....MY LEGS

On the 15th next month it will have been a year since being diagnosed with MND. Where did it all begin....
These last 11+ months have been, shall I say, interesting. The only outward sign of anything wrong with me is my walking. The visions I have when I think back over the last 60+ years of my life.....
Walking is something that we all take for granted. I mean to say that it is a basic foundation of life that we are able to do this, but when that right, that ability to do so is taken from you ones hope's and desires, ones ambitions in life to do everything that is associated with walking is removed all that is left are your dreams and memories of happier times.
I have walked in Australia, England and Scotland and many parts of Europe and Africa & Japan .....
Walking is such an everyday part of life and ones expectations that your legs will be with you for many years are just that...You do not expect to be with out them. They are so much of what and who you are...
Your parents watch as you take those first tentative steps along the path of life. They watch as you learn to walk, to run and ride, swim and climb and all the every day activities that go with using those wonderful appendages called legs.
My legs have taken me through the years of childhood to adulthood, and they have served me well and when I finely loose the ability to walk I will accept that decision of my body and look forward to another dimension of life. A life where my legs are replaced with a wheelchair...
And what are we going to do on the 15th next month...we will have a party to celebrate the first year of my extended life, of my still being with family and friends...WHY NOT indeed

LEG....either of the two lower limbs in humans, or any similar or analogous structure in animals that is used for locomotion or support... or what I would call a multi-functional device that we use and clothe in all manner of garments.

1 Comments:

  • I happened upon your blog and wanted to comment on your amazing attitude. You have a way of speaking in a truthful manner yet your underlying tone is an attitude of thankfulness. This is rare and commendable.
    thank you for sharing your story.
    Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home