Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lifestyle...living with Motor Neurone Disease

How do you live with MND. How do you cope with the everyday chore of trying to get ones body to do what you would like it to do. Every new day is an adventure into life, a life where nothing is normal any more and for you to realize that normality has gone out the door.
For me it is the fact that just to wash the dishes is a problem in that my balance will not allow me to stand upright and away from the sink. As long as I lean against it I am OK. To even grasp what ever is lying in the sink with hands that cramp up can also take up time and it is amazing the amount of energy that is used by doing this everyday task.
We humans I'm afraid take so many things for granted...walking, eating, dressing, bathing. They are all operations where someone with ALS/MND has no choice but to find alternative ways of doing things. If not by yourself then with the help of support people.
If you are a woman and find that your arms and hands will no longer cooperate with the act of putting on your bra you most likely find it easier not to wear one and let it all hang out, so to speak. Both sexes find it easier to do away with buttons and wear garments that are loose fitting, ie, sweatshirts and track pants. Shoes can also be a problem but when you have to wear a splint (as I do on one leg) then they have to be as comfortable as possible.
But our biggest enemy is energy..even the simple act of riding your power chair can take it out of you. Moving from one end of the house to the other, cutting one's meat when eating, getting on and off the loo. These are all problems that are surmountable but with effort.
Without energy the body slows down, becomes sluggish and everything is looked on as something that you would rather not do. With AL/MND then, the problem becomes twofold. If you have the willpower and the drive to try and beat your bodies condition and to make the most out of a bad situation then you are halfway to making your living/lifestyle more comfortable.
I am at the stage where as yet I do not need help with the everyday tasks of living but I know that will change. I will accept and acknowledge that fact and get on with life as best I can. But as I have stressed in other entries on my blog I find it helps to be positive...this can also make living with ALS/MND more acceptable, not only for you but for those around you.
And if you have access to a computer (and if you are reading this then you do ) then there are support groups all over the world that you can tap into. Chat rooms are also a great means of helping and dealing with your condition. You will find that there are people out there who have no one in their everyday life to talk to and a chat room where all the people have the same condition as yourself is a great boost not only for the mental aspect but the physical as well. We are a community of men and women of all races and religions from every country on the planet and the computer is our main means of communication.
So a lifestyle where you can be yourself, with decreasing limitations and acknowledging the fact you have ALS/MND can be had. But also knowing that you are not alone in this world of ours is probably the biggest factor and that help is only a keypad away. Enjoy life as best you can ( as I am ) and talk to people..talking to someone can alter your lifestyle for the better......for a while.

3 Comments:

  • My husband was diagnosed with MND ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) when he was 69 years old 6 years ago. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help him. The medical team did even less. His decline was rapid and devastating. The psychological support from the medical center was non-existent and if it were not for totalcureherbsfoundation .c om and the sensitive cure of their herbal formula he would have been not been alive today,there was significant improvement in the first 4 weeks of usage that gave us hope that he will be alive,His doctor put him on riluzole, letting us know there was no cure until we gave try on total cure herbal supplement that cure him totally from this disease after 15 weeks of his usage. There is nothing positive about cure ALS condition except for their herbal treatment .

    By Blogger Gary Madison, At 6:18 am  

  • There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Toxoplasmosis, Diarrhea.Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    By Anonymous Angelina Keffi, At 9:03 pm  

  • All thanks to Dr. Ojie the great herbal healer for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of herpes since 2017 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the herpes out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for herpes i saw a comment about Dr.Ojie ,how he cured herpes with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and miraculously i was cured from herpes , thank you dr Ojie you can also contact him on doctorojie1@yahoo.com call/whatsApp +2349015357322 . Doctor Ojie can cure the following diseases :: COPD, asthma, Acute angle-closure Glaucoma, Diabetes, CHRONIC PANCREATITIS Kidney failure ,Herpes1/2, CANCER, ALS, Hepatitis A/B, chronic pancreatitis, Emphysema, fibroids.

    By Blogger Jennyella99, At 10:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home