Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Day Care visit...

Today was my first visit to the ‘Day Care’ centre at Te Omanga Hospice. After we had lunch, tables were cleared up and all the other Day Care patients went off home but Moira-Anne and I were asked to stay and talk to about 30 volunteers about our condition. I think that the general thinking with everyone present as they listened to us talking was that we were very brave…., not so. Bravery does not come into the equation . I (we) can not change what has happened to us. It is a fact of life, a fact that we as individuals have to live with. We are being successful shall I say, in that both of us have our means of contact with persons of like condition and it is that contact that is very important to us. It is helping to keep us aware, if you like ,of what is happening in other parts of the world about MND. I think we may have cleared up a few misconceptions of what MND is about and I hope that the volunteers have gone away happy in their new found knowledge of a medical condition that is slowly taking the world by storm.
To any of them who may read this it was a privilege, for me at any rate, to talk to you and I thank you for letting me do that.
And thank you to all the staff today for making my first time with you so pleasant
.

1 Comments:

  • Excellent article - thanks! It seems that you have answered the best related to the Topic with all best example as well... Thanks again for spreading the good work in the Society ...



    Day Care Centres

    By Blogger Nitheesh, At 3:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home