Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Looking forward....

2008 and beyond….

Christmas has been and gone and now we look forward to the forthcoming New Year… What will it bring. We look back at last year and try to think of all the positive things that took place around us.
The world itself has not changed in any way with bombings, murder and general mayhem but we, as a race can look at ourselves and know that out of this madness there is compassion, goodness and the willingness for people to help each other in time of need.
With ALS/MND on the increase we have to be seen to be heard but it is the making ourselves visible which is the hard part. The other aspect of this is funding for research, equipment and all that goes into finding a cure for this terrible condition that you and I share.
The year ahead for me will bring many challenges. Food in general is going to be very interesting as I am finding out already. I am so pleased that I went ahead and had the peg inserted. Walking with the frame is getting harder by the week and I now have an electric ‘lazy-boy’ as I was finding it hard to get out of the manual one.
Sleeping is also becoming something to look at as one night I have frozen feet and the next that hot I don’t know what to do with them. So many little things happening with my body that separately they are not noticed but lump them all together and I can feel the difference.
But my attitude, my feeling of ‘wellness’ within myself, is still the same now as it was before. I am still me and will continue to be positive, not only for myself but for those around me and for all of you around the world who share this condition with me.
I may be down but most certainly not out, not by a long shot.

1 Comments:

  • We have to give a try on herbal supplements which effectively get rid of herbal ALS condition dramatically after 15 weeks of her usage,she lost touch with reality. Suspecting it was the medication I took her off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started her on the ALS natural herbal formula we ordered. it is advisable to always try natural herbs at first because multivitamincare. org neutralizes her ALS/MND which surprises everyone at home.

    By Blogger Vera S, At 8:24 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home