Never Give Up.......Motor Neurone Disease.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My first fall


Today was another step down in the MND stakes. I had my first fall, in a computer shop of all places. It was early afternoon, tripped over my own feet and went down, almost felt like slow motion, just grazed the top of my head on a corner of a metal shelf. Could have been a lot worse. On a brighter note have bought a Web Cam so can now talk to people like myself all over the world.

An also must have for anyone with MND is a trolley like this, no more spilling the 'cups' of coffee etc. Legs can be adjusted for height. A wonderful addition.

Have noticed that my legs are both jumping a lot more with increased movement in the right leg (my left leg is where it all started) . More so at night time when lying in bed. At this stage of the disease I am still not on any medication altho I was taking Omega 3 (fish oil) for a while. The one thankfull thing about all of this is that I am in no pain......

1 Comments:

  • Well robert I've had plenty of falls too. One of them happened when I tried to step over a road gutter full of water-- fell in there and had a hell of a job getting back up (People jumped out of cars to asssist) had three major falls at home-- one I banged my head against the door frame and kocked the wardrobe doors off their runners. I now use a walker at home and a wheelchair when I go out, but because we have a steep drive, I can't take it down to the road. I drive-- but not for very much longer as my right leg is getting difficult to use.
    Will have to move house soon -- have you any experience of a Ryman Village.

    The O/T dept of wanganui hospital have been very good re seats w/chairs etc.
    will blog again sometime.

    Paul Schon, pauls.judithc@xtra.co.nz.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home